Men's Shirt - Getting Frenchy

I make this style shirt often, and it's a lot of fun to make. This time I used French seams throughout. I also tried a different method of attaching the collar which made the front finish look very clean.

First you sandwich the base of the stand between the shirt collar wrong sides facing you. Sew the bottom portion to the collar, and then sew the curved side as far as you can get toward the middle. Clip seam allowance, turn, press. It's an awesome method. I opted for no pocket on this shirt. The buttons are wood. 

What I like most about this pattern is there are a million ways you can mix it up. 



Turned inside out. Using French seams makes the inside of the shirt look very tailored. It also makes it a tad more rugged. This shirt will last a life time if taken care of properly.