100% Healed


Wow, what a journey this has been. I didn't think it would be that difficult to walk again after my surgery, but it was. I felt as though I just got a new foot and had to learn how to walk all over again.

Considering I hadn't walked on my foot in over two months, getting back to walking 3 miles a day took some time. 

I had a plate and seven screws installed in my toe. 

My doctor told me I that I performed amazing wound care which is why my suture healed so wonderfully. 

Every day I put more pressure on it until I could balance on my foot. Up until then I could balance on my right foot but not my left. I had to hold onto things and people in order to make my way. 

It was weird, in the beginning of my recovery, my right butt cheek was flabby compared to my left along with my right calf which sort of hung off the bone. Now they are both perky and firm. Hee, hee. 

The first week after getting my boot off I could only wear ugly shoes, and I could only walk a block or so limping the entire time. The next few weeks I endured a lot of pain in my hip and foot when I walked, but each morning I woke up, my foot felt more and more stable. 


Day by day I walked more and more limping and not being able to direct my foot in any direction or bear much weight on it. There were times when I had to stop and turn back. There were times when I thought I might have a limp the rest of my life. There were times when my hip hurt so freaking bad I wanted to cry, but I kept going. 

Finally, within the last week all of my pain is gone including my hip. I feel in total control of my foot, and I am able to walk 2-3 miles a day no longer be in excruciating pain in the evening from my bum toe. 

I am so thankful for my doctor and my friends and neighbors who helped and encourage me. 

Thank you.